Monday, September 6, 2010

Yippee for Fall!






The past few weekends have had just gorgeous weather and I'm reminded again of what Fall is like in the midwest. I know it hasn't officially started yet, but it has been so nice that we've played outside as much as we can be. Which is really nice for me, since I'm in a classroom most days.



~Sidenote, working outside the home and motherhood is quite an interesting balancing act. I haven't written a lot about it because we're still trying to work the kinks out. Malachi seems to be adapting pretty well and his new schedule is flowing nicely except for the weekends. Why don't babies realize there is a Saturday and Sunday that allows for you to abandon your weekday routine? He's got the 6:00 wake-up down really well M-F, well Sat. and Sunday too. Just wish he'd know to go back to sleep once he rolls over on the weekend! Oh well...


Anyways, we've been doing a lot of things outside and on the weekends to take advantage of the nice weather. Gramps and Gigi got a swingset for the backyard and Gramps put it together all by himself-he didn't want any assistance. So he got to push Malachi for the first swinging trip. They also barbequed outside and Malachi schooled him on the proper procedure of grilling while sitting! Thanks to Titi Courtney and Tio Mitchell for the great grill-one of Malachi's favorites!



We decided he also needed some good walking shoes for outside instead of his sandals so we went to Target and picked out a pair of Toy Story 3 light up shoes. The second Malachi got them on, he was off to the races! This was also one of the first times he's actually been out of the cart at a store so I'm sure he thought "this must be what freedom feels like!" He took off running the aisles and actually yelling at people to look at his new shoes. When he got their attention, he would look down until they said something like, oh I like your shoes- and then he would keep on walking! What kind of a kid do I have here?!










Here are a few pics-enjoy and have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment