
So, I go back to work tomorrow and I have extremely mixed emotions. I am excited because I love love love what I do, but sad at the same time because I love love love my son. I have been sooo blessed that even through the craziness of our year, I was able to stay home with him. I have watched the growing of every hair on his head, I have been witness to his first, well, everything and I am tremendously thankful for that. I've been thinking a lot about the fact that I've gotten to do what many mothers wish they could do and I recognize that I've been incredibly blessed in that. Malachi has developed into such a great little guy and it has been so much fun being around him to share in his joys, new discoveries and to soothe him when he needed it. I've woken up to his sweet face every day and kissed his sweet head every night before bed.
But, I think I'm ready to get back to work. I'm ready for the other part of me to come back, the kindergarten teacher part of me. That doesn't mean however, that I'm not going to miss all those precious moments that Malachi and I have shared. My favorite part of our day is the mornings, right after we wake up. Those of you who know me well are probably quite surprised to hear my favorite part of the day is the morning-I am not a morning person. (my college roommate Teresa and I wouldn't even speak to each other until we had eaten our cereal, usually 30-45 min. after waking!) But, Malachi and I would lay in bed and giggle, sing, pray and love on each other until we decided to throw back the covers and face the day. WE would decide, now I will be forced out at some ungodly hour, and have to develop a morning routine that will be based on the clock. Oh how I've loved not needing an alarm for the past year-well, one that requires batteries. Malachi has been all the alarm I've needed! I know we'll still have our sweet times in the mornings but I'm trying to figure out how its all going to work.
Just look at this face and tell me how I'm supposed to get up and leave him...be strong Dana, be strong! To all you working mothers-I'm joinging in!
Oh Dana I LOVE this post!!! You are going to be the BEST momma and BEST Kindergarten teacher there is! Have so much fun on your first day tomorrow and give Malachi kisses from me and hugs and high fives from Cole! LOVE!!
ReplyDelete